St. Thomas Public Library July 2021 Reopening
As of Monday, July 5, 2021, we are expanding our services and are excited to welcome you back into the library! We will now be offering:
- Browse and Go material selection
- Holds Pickup
- Public Computers (One 1 hour session per person per day, first-come first-serve)
- Microfilm Access (One 2 hour session per person per day, by appointment)
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Important Information for your Visit
You will now be able to enter the building to browse for materials to take home with you.
Masks are required to enter the building. We ask that you sanitize your hands as you enter and as you leave. You are required to keep a distance of 2 metres from other library users.
Capacity is limited in the library, and we ask that you limit the amount of time you spend in the building.
Please use the outdoor return bins to return your items.
More Information about Holds Pickup
How to Use Holds Pickup:
1) Place Your Holds
You can place your holds online with your library account or over the phone by calling 519-631-6050 and pressing 1. If you need a library card, you can sign up for one online at https://stthomaspubliclibrary.ca/virtual-card/ or over the phone by calling 519-631-6050 and pressing 1. You can also sign up for one when you visit the library.
2) Wait for an Email or Phone Call
Once you have submitted your holds, we will pull all available materials from the shelves and you will receive an email or phone call telling you they are ready.
3) Pickup Your Items
There is no need to call and schedule a time to pick up! Don’t forget your mask! It is required for entry. Your items will be available for pick up inside the library where you can take them from the holds shelf them off and check them out to take home.
4) Enjoy Your Items!
More Information about Computer Access
How to Use the Public Computers:
Computers can be used for 1 hour per day and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Computers are free to use with a valid St. Thomas Public Library library card. If you need a library card, you can sign up for one online at https://stthomaspubliclibrary.ca/virtual-card/ or over the phone by calling 519-631-6050 and pressing 1. You can also sign up for one when you visit the library.
You are allowed one 1 hour session per day.
Computer users must be 13 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult.
We prefer that only one person uses a computer at a time, but you may bring one additional person from your bubble if you require assistance from them during your session. Headphones and USBs will not be available for borrowing.
To book a microfilm computer, call us at 519-631-6050. You can book a microfilm reader for 2 hours per day.
Reopening: Frequently Asked Questions
What safety measures are in place?
To make services available safely for our staff and patrons, we have put the following safety measures in place:
- Staff are screened prior to starting work each day and are committed to wearing masks at all times, in order to keep you and them safe.
- We have clearly marked spots to stand in line that ensure you are 2 metres (6 feet) apart from staff and other patrons at all times.
- We are regularly wiping down surfaces including doors and other high touch items.
- All computer stations are cleaned between users.
- Plexiglass has been installed to protect staff and patrons.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been set up around the building.
- Masks are required to enter the building.
Am I able to come into the building to use the washrooms?
No. The washrooms are closed to the public.
Can I book a study room?
No. All tables and chairs have been removed from public areas and staying in the library for extended periods of time is not allowed.