VIRTUAL LIBRARY CARD
Don’t have a library card? Only want to use the library’s virtual resources? Now you can access thousands of eBooks, online courses, magazines, and more from St. Thomas Public Library’s digital library with a virtual library card.
What can I do with a Virtual Library Card?
A virtual library card is a physical card that gives you access to virtual resources:
- eBooks and audiobooks with OverDrive
- Digital magazines with Flipster
- Online instructor-led courses with Gale Courses
- Homework and Learning online with Brainfuse
- And much more!
*If you already have a St. Thomas Public Library card, you can access all of these online resources already. If you want to learn more, visit the library and staff will be happy to assist you.
Who is able to get a Virtual Library Card?
- You must be eligible for an adult library card (at least 14 years old, or registered in High School)
- You must be a resident of City of St. Thomas, Elgin County, City of London, or Middlesex County.
Want to upgrade your Virtual Library Card?
A virtual library card is exclusively for the use of electronic resources offered by St. Thomas Public Library. Upgrading your card to a full membership account allows you to borrow books, DVDs, audiobooks, and magazines, too. Your virtual library card can be upgraded by visiting the Library and presenting identification showing name and address.
I’ve just applied – What happens next?
Once you’ve filled out the online form below, library staff will review your application. We will then get in touch with you via email, and once you are approved, we will send you a welcome package in the mail, which will include your physical library card. The whole process could take up to 7 days.