Never stop learning. Whether you’re looking for college-level, professional development, or personal enrichment courses, St. Thomas Public Library now offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7. Gale Courses offer well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction, and interaction with fellow students.
TRY IT TODAY!
Gale Courses offers access to online learning courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. Other benefits include:
- Courses are free for all patrons interested in any discipline
- Gale Courses is easy to use; you use your library account to sign up and log in
- With six-week courses, you can join programs year-round
Gain valuable knowledge you can immediately apply to your life or on the job. There’s definitely something for everyone:
- Career & Professional Development: Many courses are tied to some of the fastest-growing occupations.
- Examples include: Accounting, Resume Writing, Business and Management, Grant Writing and Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales and Marketing
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, even focusing on specific software applications.
- Examples include: Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic and Multimedia Design, and The Internet
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources.
- Examples include: Children, Parents, and Family, Digital Photography, Health &Wellness, and Test Preparation
What courses are available?
To see a list of all the courses, under Browse Catalog on the left side of the screen, click a subject area, and select a sub-subject.
Where can I find course descriptions, requirements, and other information?
Click a subject area under Browse Catalog on the left side of the screen, select a sub-topic, and select a course.
How do I enroll in a course?
When you have found a course in which you wish to enroll, click the Enroll Now button. Then, select the course start date of your choice. Create an account as a new student or sign in as a returning student. Once you’ve signed in, complete your enrollment by entering your library card number with no spaces or dashes on the Submit page. Remember to access your course as soon as possible after the course start date.
I have enrolled in a course, why can’t I access any course materials?
Course materials are not available until the course start date.
How long are the courses?
Unless otherwise specified, all courses run for six weeks. You will be granted access to two lessons each week for six weeks. Each lesson will be accompanied by a short, multiple-choice quiz, and some lessons may include a hands-on assignment. You are expected to try and complete each quiz and assignment within two weeks from when the lesson is released. The course will conclude with a final exam. You will have two weeks from the last lesson and final exam to complete your studies and submit the final exam.
What happens if I have a question during class?
Each of the lessons is accompanied by an interactive discussion area. When you need help with a lesson, all you have to do is post your question or inquiry in the appropriate course discussion area. The instructor, his or her teaching assistant, or one of your fellow students will respond.
Need More Help?
For comments, suggestions, or any question that is not already answered elsewhere, email us at email@example.com.