Learn for free online with
Never stop learning! Whether you’re looking for college-level professional development courses or personal enrichment courses, St. Thomas Public Library offers hundreds of online courses that are accessible anywhere online, 24/7 through Gale Courses!
Gale Courses gives you access to online courses that are available anytime, anywhere, any place. What else is there to love about Gale Courses?
- Courses are FREE for all St. Thomas Public Library cardholders. Use your library account to log in and sign up!
- Gale Courses is easy to use! If you need help, just give us a call at 519-631-6050 or send an email to email@example.com.
- There are multiple six-week course sessions throughout the year, so you can join courses on a schedule that works for you!
- Gale Courses are interactive. An instructor is available and you can interact with other students!
What kind of courses can you find on Gale Courses? There’s something for everyone!
- Career & Professional Development: Learn valuable skills you can immediately apply to your life, to your resume, or to your job, like courses in Accounting, Resume Writing, Business and Management, Grant Writing and Nonprofit, Real Estate, Healthcare, and Sales and Marketing.
- Computers & Technology: Courses cover all skill levels from beginner to advanced, and even focus on specific software programs. Try courses like Introduction to the Microsoft Office Suite, Database Management, Graphic and Multimedia Design, and The Internet.
- Personal Enrichment: A wide array of courses truly offers the opportunity to transform lives, whether related to hobbies, education, or life resources. Try courses with topics like Children, Parents, and Family, Digital Photography, Health & Wellness, and Test Preparation
Frequently Asked Questions
What courses are available?
To see a list of all the courses, visit the Gale Courses site by clicking here. Once on Gale Courses, look under “Browse Catalog” on the left side of the screen, click a subject area, and select a subject!
Where can I find course descriptions, requirements, and other information?
Visit the Gale Courses site by clicking here. Click a subject area under “Browse Catalog” on the left side of the screen, select a sub-topic, and select a course.
How do I enroll in a course?
When you have found a course you want to enroll in, click the “Enroll Now” button. Then, select the course start date of your choice. Create an account as a new student or sign in as a returning student. Once you’ve signed in, complete your enrollment by entering your library card number with no spaces or dashes on the “Submit” page. Remember to access your course as soon as possible after the course start date.
I have enrolled in a course, why can’t I access any course materials?
Course materials are not available until the course start date.
How long are the courses?
Unless otherwise specified, all courses run for six weeks. You will be given access to two lessons each week for six weeks. Each lesson will be accompanied by a short, multiple-choice quiz, and some lessons may include a hands-on assignment. You are expected to try and complete each quiz and assignment within two weeks from when the lesson is released. The course will end with a final exam. You will have two weeks from the last lesson and final exam to complete your studies and submit the final exam.
What happens if I have a question during class?
Each of the lessons also includes an interactive discussion area. When you need help with a lesson, all you have to do is post your question in the correct course discussion area. The instructor, teaching assistant, or one of your fellow students will respond.
Need More Help?
For comments, suggestions, or any question that is not already answered elsewhere, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.