How to arrange a class visit:
Please complete the below form at least 2 weeks in advance of your preferred dates. Once your form has been received, you will be contacted by a library staff member to confirm the booking.
- Programs are usually 1 hour – 1.5 hour in length
- There will be time for browsing and checkout at the end of each program
Grades JK-3 (Storytime Program): We will read your class a couple of stories and then we will introduce what the library has to offer. The children will then participate in a scavenger hunt around the children’s department to familiarize themselves with the different sections.
Grades 3-8 (Book Talk Visit): Library staff will deliver a lively book talk to get your class excited about reading. Also includes an introduction to what the library has to offer and a scavenger hunt activity.
Grades 4-8/High School (Guide to Online Resources): A virtual tour of the library databases (this could include how to research for projects or how to download e-books/audiobooks). You can even bring your class project with you to work on at the library.
Signing up for library cards:
Once your visit has been confirmed, please distribute library card application forms to your class. If a child already has a St. Thomas Public Library card, they do not need to fill out the form.
- Print off the library card application form
- Make copies and distribute to your students
- A parent or guardian must sign the form for children up to grade 8
- Forms should be submitted to the library at least one week before your scheduled visit so that library cards can be ready for your group when you arrive.
Speak with us at the desk, call us at 519-631-6050 extension 8015, or fill-out the request form below.
Please allow at least one week for us to fill your request.
We will contact you when the materials are ready to be collected.